Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Before passing judgments, why not give her the benefit of the doubt?



The first time I read it I was appalled by her comment… but it made me think again… it’s too obvious and forward. Why would someone deliberately give out demeaning statement like that with their picture on it? Knowing that the whole world and the Philippines are on Facebook? There must be something wrong.


So before passing judgments, why not give her the benefit of the doubt.


Please see below an image of a news print and visit this link [http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/pinoy-migration/09/29/09/ofw-dubai-draws-flak-over-facebook-remark] for more info on this controversy.











‘Official statement’

A Facebook user posted Bermejo’s alleged official statement dated September 29, 2009 in the hopes of clearing her name.

She said that an unidentified source created the accounts using her name, her personal details, and pictures.

“Because of these incidents, I reported such abuses and sent my credentials to the administrators of such sites, particularly Facebook. I have been abused and am still being abused online in social networking websites such as Facebook, Friendster, Multiply etc,” Bermejo’s statement said.

Her friends called her up and informed her about the cruel “shoutout” on the Facebook account and the numerous comments from other users.

“These malicious statement(s) which are posted under account names Jacque or Jackie are not of my doing. It is unfortunate that such statements were maliciously attributed to me and I do sympathize and understand the adverse and somehow verbally violent reaction that has been elicited by such insensitive statements or posts. Rest assured, I have taken every legal step that can be done in this regard,” the statement added

“I am devastated and shocked at the extent my character, my personal information and private space have been violated,” she stated.

Bermejo has taken legal steps to address the problem. She sought the help of the Philippine Consulate in Dubai and the National Bureau of Immigration to identify the motive and person behind the moves to discredit her. Reports from Dindo Amparo, ABS-CBN Middle East News Bureau Chief, Dubai and abs-cbnNEWS.com



But... What do you think about this one?
































No comments: