Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Coming out 2: A thank you message



It’s amazing how people's lives changes when they find out that one of their friends or relative is living with HIV.


When I came out I’ve been receiving phone calls from friends and the love and support I receive from them is overwhelming.


I was chatting with a friend from Dubai, who’ve heard the news from a common close friend. In our chat conversation, he said:


"Kilala kita, one destination lang sayo ang buhay na ito and there are so many things that you have to experience, I don't know if by choice or destiny. You're one weird and brave soul."


For some strange reason, I felt complimented. He's physically far yet I feel the nearness of his presence.


I have outed my self to my family, several close friends and workmates.I received "positive" responses, each is unique in its own way. Every response helped me become a better person and I know that I have the same effect to these people's lives, one way or another.


Like most people living with HIV, I too have lots of concerns about how people will accept me for having this situation. But I eventually realized that those fears are keeping me from being the person I want to be, from being productive, from living a good and healthy life… from being happy and continue spreading love. Hence I decided to kick them all off and liberating myself by admitting to my self and to the everyone that this is what I have right now.


I don’t mind being HIV positive… I hope you feel the same way too.


To my family, to all my friends, to the people I hold dear in my heart and all those who's accepted me regardless of my situation… THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT.


To you who’s reading this blog… don’t wait until someone get’s diagnosed with HIV before you tell them you love them. Always make the people you care for know you love them.



7 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations, my friend. You are one of the bravest person I know.

The Green Man said...

@ Sam: Thanks so much Sam :-D I am so lucky to have you as a friend.

What do you say about second serving of wine and pasta?

Sam said...

Sure! I'd love that. I enjoyed last time :) And that farm game! I had blast playing it hahaha

The Green Man said...

@ Sam: You better do because your farm is waiting for you... i've got sprinklers, cheese maker, i got sheep and lot's of bees to make honey for grape spread :-D

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you my friend.... Marlon C.

POPOY said...

hei just dropping by... be strong tol... have faith in GOD...


you have your family and friends... so live life to the fullest...

take care tol

Ray Toshiro said...

I know it's never too late but I just wanna say, I love you for what you are... The Green Man.