Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Changes 1



The circumstances of the world are so variable that an irrevocable purpose or opinion is almost synonymous with a foolish one. ~William H. Seward

Change. Google define change as: “an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another” and “become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence.

I had experience a lot of changes in my life. I’ve seen people go through different form or changes… one thing I can say is… I like changes. Fort his reason, I am thinking of posting a list of changes that accrued to me on an annual, monthly or weekly basis.

So far here are the changes that happened to me from last year (2008) to present. Well at least these are the stuff that I could remember.

FEBRUARY 2008
• I was diagnosed to be HIV positive.
• I turned down a lucrative offer to work as an Executive Secretary in the middle east.

MARCH 2008
• I filed an indefinite leave from work.
• I went to China to getaway with my HIV issues but eventually returned home to start my medication.

APRIL 2008
• I found out my first CD4 count of 250
• I started ted on ARV
• I started eating healthy
• I began to quit smoking and cut down on alcohol
• I had a drug reaction with Nevirapine and I had to switched to Efavirenz
• I experience depression due to not being able to work because I need to recuperate from having a drug reaction.
• I told my family that I am HIV positive.
• I made friends with HIV Positive people abroad via the internet.

MAY 2008
• I started to have regular liver and kidney activity test, blood test and regular Hospital visits.

JULY 2008
• I was called by my previous company to reapply as a Supervisor

OCTOBER 2008
• My second CD4 count went up to 641
• My Efavirenz dose was cut down to one a day.
• I transferred from PGH to RITM.
• I started to gain HIV Positive friends


NOVEMBER 2008
• I had the chance to do an Art Demonstration to PGH’s Ward 5.
• I told Eddy that I am HIV positive. He said he still loves me just the same and he do not care if I am positive.

DECEMBER 2008

• MY first Christmas as an HIV positive.

JANUARY 2009
• I had a major career change.

FEBRUARY 2009
• After about three years of being single, I had a boyfriend.

MARCH 2009
• My third CD4 count turned out to be 467.
• I am starting to worry that I might have lower CD4 count due to sleeping late and missing to take my meds on time.
• After almost three years of not having sex, I took the plunge and did “it” with one fucking lucky guy. The crazy thing is, this guy is not my BF.
• My preference about dating changed. I now like dating.


To be continued…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend,

i love you, no matter what...

G of Singapore